What to Bring
FOOD AND WATER
- Enough food and water to keep you happy. Store it in waterproof containers because we often take lunch along with us to eat in the field.
- Enough Water to sustain you for the entire day . (If the weather is cold then bring a thermos too.)
- Perhaps a candy bar or a snack that can be stored in your pfd for a quick snack out on the water.
- Sea Kayak (or appropriate boat if taking whitewater or canoe class). (If you do not have one then we can rent you a package.)
- Drysuit. You will be getting wet.
- Paddle, spray skirt, other related gear.
- Life jacket.
- Tow belt.
- First aid.
- Dry bags.
- Overnight trips: camp gear (i.e. tent and sleep system)
- Layered clothing for warmth. Avoid cotton.
- Dry clothing for after the class.
If you do not own or have access to a sea kayak or paddling gear and need to rent from us we are happy to help! You can rent a kayak and all paddling equipment for an additional $35 a day and an extra $15 a day for the dry suit. We do not provide food, so make sure you plan and pack accordingly.
MULTI-DAY KAYAK CLASSES THAT INCLUDE CAMPING IN THE FIELD
For multi-day kayak camping trips participants are responsible for bringing their own camping gear and preparing their own food. We have a limited supply of camping gear that we can rent. Call for details.