BBB Course Calendar
- This event has passed.
Navigation and Tidal Planning
June 17 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm PDT$225
With some time at the chart table, and some time on the water weaving your way through the beautiful San Juan Islands, you will learn the foundations of sea kayak navigation. Using compass, chart, and watch, you will be introduced to concepts such as fixing your position, planning for currents and wind, reading a chart, and staying on course in areas of moderate tidal movement. You will be well on your way to becoming the captain of your craft, and ready to set out on your own adventure!
This course will allow you to learn how tides and currents operate, ways to predict their timing, and plan a day on the sea. Then you will put your plan into practice and learn ways to adjust it based on conditions!
- How tides are created
- How currents are created
- Where to find tidal planning information
- How to predict time of high water, low water, maximum current, and slack water
- How tide interacts with wind and waves
- What information do you need for a day on the sea
- How to adjust your plan based on conditions